Just Go For It

 Hey there campers! How are you all? Hopefully you have all been keeping active and achieving those goals. Todays post is about the age old quote - 'Just go for it'. It came to me today as I was tidying the house as I do every day off I have. I have a day off work one weekday a week (plus every other weekend) and usually one the week day day off I start with hitting the gym, then make some breakfast followed by washing and general house work and in the afternoon I kick back with a film or gaming. However, this day off was different. It started with an early morning gym session (which was amazing) and the the usual house duties. But then, the urge came and I just fancied going for a walk. Out of the blue, I looked out my front window and thought why not. So I put my  jumper on, headphones in; locked up and off I went. I didn't know where or how long but I was determined to make the most of it. Spare of the moment decisions are sometimes the best decisions. 



Out the front door I went and around a mile into it I came across the option of a new footpath. I've never used it before, had no idea where it would bring me out, but decided to use it. And just look at the views. I could see for miles. There was no one else with me and to top it off, all I could hear was the birds singing and the faint breeze. With all that is going on with the world and what I have going on in my own life, I felt free. Felt as if nothing would ever harm me. And you just cannot beat that feeling.



Fast forward a few more miles, I came across a fork in the road. Again, I have never been here before and really had no idea which path lead where. It would have been easy to just get out my phone, open up Google maps and find where I was and where each path lead. But this was not what the walk was about. It was about making new, spare of the moment choices. 



In life, we all have to choose which path to go down without the knowledge of what lies ahead. One piece of advise I can give you, is to grab the bull by its horns and head down whichever path you decide with 110%. From choosing a random path on a walk to a new career path, a sporting path. Just go for it! Give it all of your effort, embrace the difficulties and enjoy the scenery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment